The John R. Thompson Jr. Intercollegiate Athletic Center will transform the athletics experience at Georgetown with a facility that supports the demands our student-athletes face on a daily basis. The Thompson Center will be built adjacent to McDonough Gymnasium and, with roughly 144,000 square feet of newly constructed space, will house:
- New practice courts, locker rooms, team meeting rooms, lounge areas and coaches' offices for men's and women's basketball.
- Weight training facility and sports medicine/training room areas for all varsity student-athletes.
- Student-athlete academic center, auditorium and team meeting facilities for all varsity sports programs.
- New home for the Georgetown Athletic Hall of Fame and additional reception space to honor the University's rich athletic tradition and history.
- Additional locker room spaces to support the year-round training of a number of our varsity athletes.
- For more details, please see the following link: Thompson Center Renderings
For more information or to donate, please contact the Georgetown Athletics Development Office at (202) 687-2336 or email@example.com.