I'm on the road with women's basketball today, but this morning I received a phone call from Mara Vandlik the associate director of Hoyas Unlimited. She was calling about a glitch on the web we had to work out but this phone call reminded me that the Hoyas Unlimited started today!
The auction is a great way for Hoya fans to pick up some unique items and it also raises money for Hoyas Unlimited. Scrolling through the items there are some really cool gifts and experiences up for auction, here are a few of my favorites...
- All the dinners with coaches (let the coaches know how many gray hairs their teams have added to your life!)
- Hoya Cufflink Collection (obviously I don't wear cufflinks but this seems like a neat gift for a diehard Georgetown fan)
- Producer for a day on the John Thompson show (you'll have to outbid my co-worker Ryan Sakamoto who wants to try out his "radio voice")
- Hoya Lacrosse player for a day (a word of caution, you may want to do this in a month or so, proactice right now looks REALLY cold)
- Signed basketball by the women's team (shameless plug for my girls)
- Golf lessons with Patty or Tommy (no offense, but I'm sure there are a few GU grads that could use a little help from these two on the links)
and my personal favorite...
- Lunch with "Lichoya" for 1 at Pulcinella's (as someone that reads the message board to check out the word on our teams, there is not a bigger supporter out there than Lichoya, I love his posts and think this is one of the most unique items on the list. I think this is the dark horse for best item)
Make sure you get your bids in early and often to support this cause!
Now to what's happening on campus. In case you didn't hear, the women's basketball team had a sellout crowd to watch them take down No. 4/3 Notre Dame on Saturday. Thanks to everyone who made the game or watched it at home. The atmosphere was electric and I think it made the difference in the game. Big things are happening for this team so keep an eye out!
Women's lacrosse opens the season on Wednesday at Multi-Sport Field against Johns Hopkins. The opening draw will be at 3:45 p.m. I know its cold but this group could be one of the best we've seen in a while with the scoring trio of Ashby Kaestner, Molly Ford and Jordy Kirr. They'll be on the road for the next four games so Wednesday is a great excuse to leave the office early and head over to campus.
Obviously there are a ton of other things going on right now as we get into the busiest time of the year. Unfortunately, I have to get on the bus to head to shoot around for tonight's game. Don't forget, women's basketball at Villanova tonight at 7 p.m. on CBS College Sports.
Signing off from the City of Brotherly Love!