The following information is provided by the Georgetown University Office of Compliance for alumni, boosters and prospective student-athletes. It is intended as a guideline to introduce some of the rules governing NCAA athletic involvement.
WHO IS PERMITTED TO RECRUIT FOR GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY'S ATHLETIC TEAMS?
Only Georgetown University's coaches who have successfully completed the NCAA Recruiting Rules Examination on an annual basis may be involved in the recruitment process. Representatives of athletics interests (alumni and boosters) MAY NOT make any recruiting contacts. This includes letters, e-mails, text messages, telephone calls or face-to-face contact on or off campus with a prospect or the prospect's parents.
WHO IS A PROSPECTIVE STUDENT-ATHLETE?
One becomes a prospective student-athlete if they have started classes for the ninth grade. Before the ninth grade, one becomes a prospective student-athlete, if the college provides the prospect or their relatives or friends any financial aid or other benefits that the college does not provide to prospective students generally.
WHAT ARE A FEW ALUMNI AND BOOSTERS DO'S AND DON'TS?
- You may forward information about a prospective student-athlete to the appropriate coaches.
- You may have contact with a prospective student-athlete regarding permissible pre-enrollment activities such as summer employment, provided the prospect has signed a National Letter of Intent and the Compliance Office is aware that you are making these contacts in regard to employment.
- You may have a telephone conversation with a prospect only if the prospect initiates the call. Such a call may not be pre-arranged by an institutional staff member and you are not permitted to have a recruiting conversation, but may exhibit normal civility. You must refer any questions about athletics programs to an athletics department staff member or coach.
- You may view a prospect's contest at your own initiative provided you do not contact the prospect or his/her relatives. In addition, you may not contact a prospect's coach, principal or counselor in an attempt to evaluate the prospect.
- You may continue established family relationships with friends and neighbors, as long as these relationships were started prior to the prospect entering the ninth grade. Any contacts with prospects of these families are permitted as long as they are not made for recruiting purposes or encouraged by Georgetown University coaches.
- You may not become involved in making arrangements to receive money or financial aid of any kind for a prospect or his/her relatives.
- You may not make contact with a prospect and his/her relatives while the prospect is on campus for an official or unofficial recruiting visit.
- You may not transport, pay or arrange for payment of transportation costs for a prospect and his/her relatives or friends to visit campus (or elsewhere).
- You may not pay or arrange for payment of summer camp registration fees for a prospect.
- You may not provide or promise anything to a prospect or his/her relatives without prior approval from the Compliance Office.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY COMPLIANCE OFFICE.
Georgetown Office of Compliance
Phone: (202) 687-8262
Fax: (202) 687-2344
"REMEMBER ASK BEFORE YOU ACT!"
FCS ADA Recognizes Georgetown Football Program ...
The Georgetown University football program was recognized by the Football Championship...
Darren Fahy Runs PR to Finish 10th in the...
Georgetown track & field All-American Darren Fahy (Carlsbad, Calif./La Costa Canyon) ran a...
Swimming & Diving Earn CSCAA Scholar All-Americ...
The Georgetown University men's and women's swimming & diving team each earned Spring 2015...
Georgetown Track & Field Alum Emily Infeld...
Georgetown track & field alum Emily Infeld (B'12) made her triumphant return to the USA Track &...
John Thompson Jr. Receives NABC Court of Honor ...
Flanked by many of the great coaching names in college basketball and introduced for his award by...
Women's Rowing has 31 Student-Athletes Named to...
The Georgetown women's rowing team had 31 student-athletes named to the Patriot League Women's...
Darren Fahy Advances to Steeplechase Finals at ...
Georgetown track & field standout Darren Fahy (Carlsbad, Calif./La Costa Canyon) ran the second-f...
Katrina Coogan Named CoSIDA Third Team Academic...
Georgetown track & field All-American Katrina Coogan (Exeter, N.H./Phillips Exeter Academy) was...
DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE: Add to calendar
Wednesday, Aug 12 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer West Virginia 5:00 PM Saturday, Aug 15 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Syracuse 4:00 PM Women's Soccer at Richmond 5:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 18 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Philadelphia Union 10:00 AM Friday, Aug 21 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at James Madison 7:00 PM Field Hockey at Towson TBA Saturday, Aug 22 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer Virginia 1:00 PM Sunday, Aug 23 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer vs William & Mary 11:30 AM Thursday, Aug 27 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Uconn 4:00 PM Friday, Aug 28 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Florida Gulf Coast 7:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs George Mason 5:00 PM Field Hockey Davidson 7:00 PM Saturday, Aug 29 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Volleyball vs American 10:30 AM Women's Volleyball vs Howard 5:00 PM Sunday, Aug 30 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at USF 7:30 PM Women's Soccer San Diego 12:00 PM Field Hockey Rider 12:00 PM
- Online Stores & Tickets