The following information is provided by the Georgetown University Office of Compliance for alumni, boosters and prospective student-athletes. It is intended as a guideline to introduce some of the rules governing NCAA athletic involvement.
WHO IS PERMITTED TO RECRUIT FOR GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY'S ATHLETIC TEAMS?
Only Georgetown University's coaches who have successfully completed the NCAA Recruiting Rules Examination on an annual basis may be involved in the recruitment process. Representatives of athletics interests (alumni and boosters) MAY NOT make any recruiting contacts. This includes letters, e-mails, text messages, telephone calls or face-to-face contact on or off campus with a prospect or the prospect's parents.
WHO IS A PROSPECTIVE STUDENT-ATHLETE?
One becomes a prospective student-athlete if they have started classes for the ninth grade. Before the ninth grade, one becomes a prospective student-athlete, if the college provides the prospect or their relatives or friends any financial aid or other benefits that the college does not provide to prospective students generally.
WHAT ARE A FEW ALUMNI AND BOOSTERS DO'S AND DON'TS?
- You may forward information about a prospective student-athlete to the appropriate coaches.
- You may have contact with a prospective student-athlete regarding permissible pre-enrollment activities such as summer employment, provided the prospect has signed a National Letter of Intent and the Compliance Office is aware that you are making these contacts in regard to employment.
- You may have a telephone conversation with a prospect only if the prospect initiates the call. Such a call may not be pre-arranged by an institutional staff member and you are not permitted to have a recruiting conversation, but may exhibit normal civility. You must refer any questions about athletics programs to an athletics department staff member or coach.
- You may view a prospect's contest at your own initiative provided you do not contact the prospect or his/her relatives. In addition, you may not contact a prospect's coach, principal or counselor in an attempt to evaluate the prospect.
- You may continue established family relationships with friends and neighbors, as long as these relationships were started prior to the prospect entering the ninth grade. Any contacts with prospects of these families are permitted as long as they are not made for recruiting purposes or encouraged by Georgetown University coaches.
- You may not become involved in making arrangements to receive money or financial aid of any kind for a prospect or his/her relatives.
- You may not make contact with a prospect and his/her relatives while the prospect is on campus for an official or unofficial recruiting visit.
- You may not transport, pay or arrange for payment of transportation costs for a prospect and his/her relatives or friends to visit campus (or elsewhere).
- You may not pay or arrange for payment of summer camp registration fees for a prospect.
- You may not provide or promise anything to a prospect or his/her relatives without prior approval from the Compliance Office.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY COMPLIANCE OFFICE.
Georgetown Office of Compliance
Phone: (202) 687-8262
Fax: (202) 687-2344
"REMEMBER ASK BEFORE YOU ACT!"
Georgetown to Play LaSalle in Hoophall Miami...
The Georgetown University men’s basketball team will play LaSalle University on Saturday,...
Brophy Among Women’s Golf Coaches to...
Georgetown University Head Women’s Golf Coach Katie Brophy will be among a group of college...
Georgetown Swimming & Diving Earn CSCAA Scholar...
The Georgetown University men’s and women’s swimming & diving teams were Scholar All-...
Vote Hoya Keegan Rosenberry as an MLS All-Star
Georgetown University men’s soccer alum Keegan Rosenberry (MSB ’15) is one of 160...
Adair to Speak at USA Basketball Youth Coach...
Georgetown University Head Women’s Basketball Coach Natasha Adair has been invited to be...
Georgetown’s Sharon Brummell Selected as ...
Georgetown University Senior Associate Athletics Director for Business and Finance/Senior Woman...
Coogan Closes Collegiate Career in 5,000m at...
All-American Katrina Coogan (Exeter, N.H./Phillips Exeter Academy) capped a stellar career on the...
Smith, Ellingson Selected in 2016 MLB Draft
Georgetown University baseball players Matt Smith and David Ellingson both heard their names...
DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE: Add to calendar
Saturday, June 25 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Cross Country; Track & Field vs USATF Junior Championships All Day Sunday, June 26 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Cross Country; Track & Field vs USATF Junior Championships All Day Monday, June 27 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Cross Country; Track & Field vs USATF Junior Championships All Day Tuesday, June 28 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Cross Country; Track & Field vs USATF Junior Championships All Day Wednesday, Aug 10 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at American 5:00 PM Saturday, Aug 13 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Elon TBA Women's Soccer Maryland 5:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 16 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Duke TBA Wednesday, Aug 17 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Field Hockey at Lehigh TBA Friday, Aug 19 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Towson 4:00 PM Saturday, Aug 20 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Virginia TBA Sunday, Aug 21 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Stanford 1:00 PM Thursday, Aug 25 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Delaware 4:00 PM
- Online Stores & Tickets