Academic Support for Georgetown Student-Athletes
Georgetown University is committed to providing academic support for all students and to integrating students with disabilities as fully as possible into all aspects of University life.
The Academic Resource Center fulfills this mission by providing:
- assistance in many skills areas necessary for academic achievement through individual consultations or workshops;
- accommodations to students with disabilities under the ADA and Section 504;
- facilities and support services to help ensure equal opportunity for students with disabilities.
The Jesuit value of cura personalis, "care of the whole person," represents the mission of Georgetown University. The Academic Resource Center upholds this value in carrying out its mission to meet the various needs of the students.
Academic Coordinators for Student-Athletes
Shelly K. Habel, Ph.D.
Associate Director of the Academic Resource Center for Student-Athlete Services
- Works with student athletes, coaches, faculty and deans to ensure academic success.
- Assists student athletes with planning, academic and life skills instruction and monitors their progress.
- Develops programming and schedules academic workshops.
Academic Coordinator for Student-Athletes-Women's Basketball
Academic Advisor-Men's Basketball
Faculty Athletics Representative:
The Faculty Athletics Representative can also provide valuable assistance to student-athletes. Georgetown's Faculty Athletics Representative is:
Scott Taylor, Ph.D.
Director, African Studies Program
305 M ICC
Georgetown College: 303 ICC (freshmen & sophomores)/687-6045
McDonough School of Business: Rafik B. Hariri Building/687-2693
School of Nursing & Health Studies: St. Mary's, 2nd Floor/687-7114
Walsh School of Foreign Service: 301 ICC/ 687-5696
When You Should Come to the Dean's Office:
Beginning of semester (before end of Add/Drop): When you need:
- help getting a full schedule of classes
- concerns about appropriateness of a course(s)
- a dean's signature for a course that requires a paper add/drop slip
- approval to take 6 classes in a semester (for sophomore year and later)
- to arrange an independent study/tutorial with a professor (for sophomore year and later)
- to take a course pass/fail or audit (for sophomore year and later)
- approval for service-learning credit
- approval for a consortium course
Throughout the semester: When you have/need:
- introduce yourself to your dean
- concern about a course
- questions about graduation requirements/degree audit in student access+
- to set up a meeting with your dean to discuss long-term academic planning
- advice on academic success strategies
- advice on personal issues that may be affecting you academic progress
- to miss a class because you are sick - contact your dean and professor(s)
- information on campus resources
- questions about your AP, IB, International exams, transfer credit
- approval for summer school courses, either away from or at Georgetown
- approved transfer credit from another institution that is not on your transcript
- to find out your class rank
- letters of reference for academic programs
- approval for your study abroad study proposal
- to declare or change a major or minor
- advice on pre-professional planning (ex., Medical/Business/Law School)
- share good news
- to request an academic, medical or personal leave of absence
- to withdraw from a class
- an exception to any deadlines due to unusual circumstances
- information on Mentors Program, Parents Weekend, Junior Achievement and Student Advisor Program
- to apply for Internal Transfer to another school at Georgetown
End of semester: When you need:
- to file an incomplete in a class
- to arrange to take an exam during the conflict exam time
- to discuss summer plans
Spinosa Added to Women’s Tennis Roster
Georgetown University Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach Gordie Ernst announced the ...
Georgetown Names Jack Leavitt Head Swimming &...
Georgetown University Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Lee Reed named Jack Leavitt as the...
Georgetown to Play LaSalle in Hoophall Miami...
The Georgetown University men’s basketball team will play LaSalle University on Saturday,...
Brophy Among Women’s Golf Coaches to...
Georgetown University Head Women’s Golf Coach Katie Brophy will be among a group of college...
Georgetown Swimming & Diving Earn CSCAA Scholar...
The Georgetown University men’s and women’s swimming & diving teams were Scholar All-...
Vote Hoya Keegan Rosenberry as an MLS All-Star
Georgetown University men’s soccer alum Keegan Rosenberry (MSB ’15) is one of 160...
Adair to Speak at USA Basketball Youth Coach...
Georgetown University Head Women’s Basketball Coach Natasha Adair has been invited to be...
Georgetown’s Sharon Brummell Selected as ...
Georgetown University Senior Associate Athletics Director for Business and Finance/Senior Woman...
DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE: Add to calendar
Monday, June 27 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Cross Country; Track & Field vs USATF Junior Championships All Day Tuesday, June 28 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Cross Country; Track & Field vs USATF Junior Championships All Day Wednesday, Aug 10 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at American 5:00 PM Saturday, Aug 13 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Elon TBA Women's Soccer Maryland 5:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 16 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Duke TBA Wednesday, Aug 17 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Field Hockey at Lehigh TBA Friday, Aug 19 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Towson 4:00 PM Saturday, Aug 20 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Virginia TBA Sunday, Aug 21 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Stanford 1:00 PM Thursday, Aug 25 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Delaware 4:00 PM Friday, Aug 26 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Akron 7:30 PM Field Hockey at Davidson 6:00 PM
- Online Stores & Tickets