Academic Support for Georgetown Student-Athletes
Georgetown University is committed to providing academic support for all students and to integrating students with disabilities as fully as possible into all aspects of University life.
The Academic Resource Center fulfills this mission by providing:
- assistance in many skills areas necessary for academic achievement through individual consultations or workshops;
- accommodations to students with disabilities under the ADA and Section 504;
- facilities and support services to help ensure equal opportunity for students with disabilities.
The Jesuit value of cura personalis, "care of the whole person," represents the mission of Georgetown University. The Academic Resource Center upholds this value in carrying out its mission to meet the various needs of the students.
Academic Coordinators for Student-Athletes
Shelly K. Habel, Ph.D.
Associate Director of the Academic Resource Center for Student-Athlete Services
- Works with student athletes, coaches, faculty and deans to ensure academic success.
- Assists student athletes with planning, academic and life skills instruction and monitors their progress.
- Develops programming and schedules academic workshops.
Academic Coordinator for Student-Athletes-Women's Basketball
Academic Advisor-Men's Basketball
Faculty Athletics Representative:
The Faculty Athletics Representative can also provide valuable assistance to student-athletes. Georgetown's Faculty Athletics Representative is:
Scott Taylor, Ph.D.
Director, African Studies Program
305 M ICC
Georgetown College: 303 ICC (freshmen & sophomores)/687-6045
McDonough School of Business: Rafik B. Hariri Building/687-2693
School of Nursing & Health Studies: St. Mary's, 2nd Floor/687-7114
Walsh School of Foreign Service: 301 ICC/ 687-5696
When You Should Come to the Dean's Office:
Beginning of semester (before end of Add/Drop): When you need:
- help getting a full schedule of classes
- concerns about appropriateness of a course(s)
- a dean's signature for a course that requires a paper add/drop slip
- approval to take 6 classes in a semester (for sophomore year and later)
- to arrange an independent study/tutorial with a professor (for sophomore year and later)
- to take a course pass/fail or audit (for sophomore year and later)
- approval for service-learning credit
- approval for a consortium course
Throughout the semester: When you have/need:
- introduce yourself to your dean
- concern about a course
- questions about graduation requirements/degree audit in student access+
- to set up a meeting with your dean to discuss long-term academic planning
- advice on academic success strategies
- advice on personal issues that may be affecting you academic progress
- to miss a class because you are sick - contact your dean and professor(s)
- information on campus resources
- questions about your AP, IB, International exams, transfer credit
- approval for summer school courses, either away from or at Georgetown
- approved transfer credit from another institution that is not on your transcript
- to find out your class rank
- letters of reference for academic programs
- approval for your study abroad study proposal
- to declare or change a major or minor
- advice on pre-professional planning (ex., Medical/Business/Law School)
- share good news
- to request an academic, medical or personal leave of absence
- to withdraw from a class
- an exception to any deadlines due to unusual circumstances
- information on Mentors Program, Parents Weekend, Junior Achievement and Student Advisor Program
- to apply for Internal Transfer to another school at Georgetown
End of semester: When you need:
- to file an incomplete in a class
- to arrange to take an exam during the conflict exam time
- to discuss summer plans
Curtiss Pomeroy Signs Free Agent Deal with New ...
Recent Georgetown graduate and baseball alum Curtiss Pomeroy (C’16) signed a free agent...
Rodgers Named to USA Basketball Women’s...
Georgetown University women’s basketball alum Sugar Rodgers (C’13) was named to the...
Women’s Basketball Pro Update
Georgetown University women’s basketball alumnae Rebekkah Brunson and Sugar Rodgers are...
Two Hoyas Named BIG EAST Scholar-Athlete Sport ...
Katrina Coogan earned the award for women’s indoor track & field and Aliyah Graves-Brown...
Infeld Takes Fourth in 5,000-Meter Finals at U....
Georgetown track & field alum Emily Infeld finished fourth in the women’s 10,000-meter...
Rosenberry Named to the 2016 AT&T MLS All-Star ...
Georgetown University men's soccer alum Keegan Rosenberry (MSB '15) was named to the 2016 AT&T...
Schneider Falls Just Shy in 1,500-Meter...
Georgetown track & field alum Rachel Schneider fell just shy in the women’s 1,500-meter...
Georgetown Announces Renewal Incentive Program ...
Georgetown University athletics teams will begin returning to the Hilltop for the start of the...
DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE: Add to calendar
Wednesday, Aug 10 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at American 5:00 PM Saturday, Aug 13 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Elon TBA Women's Soccer Maryland 5:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 16 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Duke TBA Wednesday, Aug 17 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Field Hockey at Lehigh TBA Friday, Aug 19 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Towson 4:00 PM Saturday, Aug 20 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Virginia TBA Sunday, Aug 21 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Stanford 12:00 PM Thursday, Aug 25 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Delaware 4:00 PM Friday, Aug 26 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Akron 7:30 PM Field Hockey at Davidson 6:00 PM Sunday, Aug 28 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer vs West Virginia 2:00 PM Women's Soccer Colorado College 1:00 PM Field Hockey at Appalachian State 12:00 PM Friday, Sept 2 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Maryland 7:30 PM Women's Soccer at Rutgers 7:00 PM Field Hockey at Rider 7:00 PM Saturday, Sept 3 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Football Davidson 1:00 PM Sunday, Sept 4 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Field Hockey at Monmouth N.J. 12:00 PM Monday, Sept 5 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer Virginia Tech 1:00 PM Thursday, Sept 8 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer George Mason 4:00 PM Friday, Sept 9 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Field Hockey William & Mary 1:00 PM Saturday, Sept 10 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Football at Marist 6:00 PM Men's Soccer UConn 1:00 PM Field Hockey at Saint Francis (PA) 1:00 PM Sunday, Sept 11 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Virginia 1:00 PM Monday, Sept 12 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Golf at The Sam Hall Intercollegiate (Southern Mississippi) All Day Tuesday, Sept 13 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at William & Mary 7:00 PM Men's Golf at The Sam Hall Intercollegiate (Southern Mississippi) All Day Thursday, Sept 15 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at George Washington 3:00 PM Friday, Sept 16 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Field Hockey vs Quinnipiac 3:00 PM Saturday, Sept 17 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Providence 7:00 PM Sunday, Sept 18 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at West Virginia 1:00 PM Field Hockey at Yale 2:30 PM
- Online Stores & Tickets