Academic Support for Georgetown Student-Athletes
Georgetown University is committed to providing academic support for all students and to integrating students with disabilities as fully as possible into all aspects of University life.
The Academic Resource Center fulfills this mission by providing:
- assistance in many skills areas necessary for academic achievement through individual consultations or workshops;
- accommodations to students with disabilities under the ADA and Section 504;
- facilities and support services to help ensure equal opportunity for students with disabilities.
The Jesuit value of cura personalis, "care of the whole person," represents the mission of Georgetown University. The Academic Resource Center upholds this value in carrying out its mission to meet the various needs of the students.
Academic Coordinators for Student-Athletes
Shelly K. Habel, Ph.D.
Associate Director of the Academic Resource Center for Student-Athlete Services
- Works with student athletes, coaches, faculty and deans to ensure academic success.
- Assists student athletes with planning, academic and life skills instruction and monitors their progress.
- Develops programming and schedules academic workshops.
Academic Coordinator for Student-Athletes-Women's Basketball
Academic Advisor-Men's Basketball
Faculty Athletics Representative:
The Faculty Athletics Representative can also provide valuable assistance to student-athletes. Georgetown's Faculty Athletics Representative is:
Scott Taylor, Ph.D.
Director, African Studies Program
305 M ICC
Georgetown College: 303 ICC (freshmen & sophomores)/687-6045
McDonough School of Business: Rafik B. Hariri Building/687-2693
School of Nursing & Health Studies: St. Mary's, 2nd Floor/687-7114
Walsh School of Foreign Service: 301 ICC/ 687-5696
When You Should Come to the Dean's Office:
Beginning of semester (before end of Add/Drop): When you need:
- help getting a full schedule of classes
- concerns about appropriateness of a course(s)
- a dean's signature for a course that requires a paper add/drop slip
- approval to take 6 classes in a semester (for sophomore year and later)
- to arrange an independent study/tutorial with a professor (for sophomore year and later)
- to take a course pass/fail or audit (for sophomore year and later)
- approval for service-learning credit
- approval for a consortium course
Throughout the semester: When you have/need:
- introduce yourself to your dean
- concern about a course
- questions about graduation requirements/degree audit in student access+
- to set up a meeting with your dean to discuss long-term academic planning
- advice on academic success strategies
- advice on personal issues that may be affecting you academic progress
- to miss a class because you are sick - contact your dean and professor(s)
- information on campus resources
- questions about your AP, IB, International exams, transfer credit
- approval for summer school courses, either away from or at Georgetown
- approved transfer credit from another institution that is not on your transcript
- to find out your class rank
- letters of reference for academic programs
- approval for your study abroad study proposal
- to declare or change a major or minor
- advice on pre-professional planning (ex., Medical/Business/Law School)
- share good news
- to request an academic, medical or personal leave of absence
- to withdraw from a class
- an exception to any deadlines due to unusual circumstances
- information on Mentors Program, Parents Weekend, Junior Achievement and Student Advisor Program
- to apply for Internal Transfer to another school at Georgetown
End of semester: When you need:
- to file an incomplete in a class
- to arrange to take an exam during the conflict exam time
- to discuss summer plans
FCS ADA Recognizes Georgetown Football Program ...
The Georgetown University football program was recognized by the Football Championship...
Darren Fahy Runs PR to Finish 10th in the...
Georgetown track & field All-American Darren Fahy (Carlsbad, Calif./La Costa Canyon) ran a...
Swimming & Diving Earn CSCAA Scholar All-Americ...
The Georgetown University men's and women's swimming & diving team each earned Spring 2015...
Georgetown Track & Field Alum Emily Infeld...
Georgetown track & field alum Emily Infeld (B'12) made her triumphant return to the USA Track &...
John Thompson Jr. Receives NABC Court of Honor ...
Flanked by many of the great coaching names in college basketball and introduced for his award by...
Women's Rowing has 31 Student-Athletes Named to...
The Georgetown women's rowing team had 31 student-athletes named to the Patriot League Women's...
Darren Fahy Advances to Steeplechase Finals at ...
Georgetown track & field standout Darren Fahy (Carlsbad, Calif./La Costa Canyon) ran the second-f...
Katrina Coogan Named CoSIDA Third Team Academic...
Georgetown track & field All-American Katrina Coogan (Exeter, N.H./Phillips Exeter Academy) was...
DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE: Add to calendar
Wednesday, Aug 12 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer West Virginia 5:00 PM Saturday, Aug 15 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Syracuse 4:00 PM Women's Soccer at Richmond 5:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 18 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Philadelphia Union 10:00 AM Friday, Aug 21 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at James Madison 7:00 PM Field Hockey at Towson TBA Saturday, Aug 22 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer Virginia 1:00 PM Sunday, Aug 23 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer vs William & Mary 11:30 AM Thursday, Aug 27 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Uconn 4:00 PM Friday, Aug 28 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Florida Gulf Coast 7:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs George Mason 5:00 PM Field Hockey Davidson 7:00 PM Saturday, Aug 29 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Volleyball vs American 10:30 AM Women's Volleyball vs Howard 5:00 PM Sunday, Aug 30 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at USF 7:30 PM Women's Soccer San Diego 12:00 PM Field Hockey Rider 12:00 PM
- Online Stores & Tickets