Georgetown University is committed to providing academic support for all students and to integrating students with disabilities as fully as possible into all aspects of University life.
The Academic Resource Center fulfills this mission by providing:
- assistance in many skills areas necessary for academic achievement through individual consultations or workshops;
- accommodations to students with disabilities under the ADA and Section 504;
- facilities and support services to help ensure equal opportunity for students with disabilities.
The Jesuit value of cura personalis, "care of the whole person," represents the mission of Georgetown University. The Academic Resource Center upholds this value in carrying out its mission to meet the various needs of the students.
Academic Coordinators for Student-Athletes
Shelly K. Habel, Ph.D.
Associate Director of the Academic Resource Center for Student-Athlete Services
- Works with student athletes, coaches, faculty and deans to ensure academic success.
- Assists student athletes with planning, academic and life skills instruction and monitors their progress.
- Develops programming and schedules academic workshops.
Academic Coordinator for Student-Athletes
Faculty Athletics Representative:
The Faculty Athletics Representative can also provide valuable assistance to student-athletes. Georgetown's Faculty Athletics Representative is:
Scott Taylor, Ph.D.
Director, African Studies Program
305 M ICC
Georgetown College: 303 ICC (freshmen & sophomores)/687-6045
McDonough School of Business: 106 Old North/ 687-3851
School of Nursing & Health Studies: St. Mary's, 2nd Floor/687-7114
Walsh School of Foreign Service: 301 ICC/ 687-5696
When You Should Come to the Dean's Office:
Beginning of semester (before end of Add/Drop): When you need:
- help getting a full schedule of classes
- concerns about appropriateness of a course(s)
- a dean's signature for a course that requires a paper add/drop slip
- approval to take 6 classes in a semester (for sophomore year and later)
- to arrange an independent study/tutorial with a professor (for sophomore year and later)
- to take a course pass/fail or audit (for sophomore year and later)
- approval for service-learning credit
- approval for a consortium course
Throughout the semester: When you have/need:
- introduce yourself to your dean
- concern about a course
- questions about graduation requirements/degree audit in student access+
- to set up a meeting with your dean to discuss long-term academic planning
- advice on academic success strategies
- advice on personal issues that may be affecting you academic progress
- to miss a class because you are sick - contact your dean and professor(s)
- information on campus resources
- questions about your AP, IB, International exams, transfer credit
- approval for summer school courses, either away from or at Georgetown
- approved transfer credit from another institution that is not on your transcript
- to find out your class rank
- letters of reference for academic programs
- approval for your study abroad study proposal
- to declare or change a major or minor
- advice on pre-professional planning (ex., Medical/Business/Law School)
- share good news
- to request an academic, medical or personal leave of absence
- to withdraw from a class
- an exception to any deadlines due to unusual circumstances
- information on Mentors Program, Parents Weekend, Junior Achievement and Student Advisor Program
- to apply for Internal Transfer to another school at Georgetown
End of semester: When you need:
- to file an incomplete in a class
- to arrange to take an exam during the conflict exam time
- to discuss summer plans
Nick Quintans and Mike Roland Attend Patriot...
Senior captains Nick Quintans (Media, Pa./Penncrest) and Mike Roland (Miami, Fla./Coral Gables)...
Georgetown Has 285 Student-Athletes Recognized ...
Georgetown University placed 285 student-athletes, from 18 different sports, on the 2013-14 BIG...
Nick Alfieri Selected to 2014 Preseason All-Pat...
Rising senior linebacker Nick Alfieri (Portland, Ore./Jesuit[The Hotchkiss School]) has been...
Nike Pro-City League Adjusts Schedule, Playoffs...
The final weekend of regular season play in the Nike Pro-City Jabbo Kenner League starts on...
Collins Named Cape Cod League All-Star;...
Rising junior Nick Collins and rising sophomore Simon Matthews both earned nods into their...
Hoya Track & Field Secures 15 USTFCCCA All-Acad...
The Georgetown University track & field program picked up a slew of academic honors this week as ...
Georgetown Celebrates 50th Anniversary of...
The Georgetown University football program will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of football's...
Ed McCrossen Named Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-Am...
Ed McCrossen, a 2014 senior on the Georgetown University men's golf team, has been named a 2014...
DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE: Add to calendar
Tuesday, Aug 12 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer George Mason (exhibition) 5:00 PM Saturday, Aug 16 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer Penn State (exhibition) 2:00 PM Sunday, Aug 17 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Penn State 6:00 PM Tuesday, Aug 19 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Field Hockey at VCU 1:00 PM Friday, Aug 22 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at San Diego 10:30 PM Saturday, Aug 23 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Virginia 7:00 PM Sunday, Aug 24 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer vs Long Beach State 2:30 PM Field Hockey at La Salle 1:00 PM Friday, Aug 29 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Indiana 8:00 PM Women's Soccer N.C. State 3:00 PM Field Hockey at Appalachian State 3:00 PM Women's Volleyball at American 7:00 PM Saturday, Aug 30 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Football Wagner 12:00 PM Women's Volleyball at George Mason 1:00 PM Field Hockey at Davidson 2:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs Howard 5:00 PM Sunday, Aug 31 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer vs Notre Dame 11:30 AM Women's Soccer at Towson 1:00 PM Friday, Sept 5 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer Harvard 4:00 PM Women's Soccer at Virginia Tech 7:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs Cleveland State 4:00 PM Saturday, Sept 6 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Football at Dayton 1:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs Colgate 10:30 AM Women's Volleyball at Penn 7:30 PM Men's Golf at The U.S. Naval Academy Invite All Day Sunday, Sept 7 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer Wisconsin 1:00 PM Women's Soccer vs Wake Forest 11:30 AM Field Hockey Lock Haven 12:00 PM Men's Golf at The U.S. Naval Academy Invite All Day Tuesday, Sept 9 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Volleyball Liberty 7:00 PM Thursday, Sept 11 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer VCU 4:00 PM Friday, Sept 12 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at West Virginia 7:00 PM Women's Volleyball at Hampton University 6:00 PM Saturday, Sept 13 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Football at Marist 6:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs Presbyterian 10:00 AM Field Hockey at Holy Cross 12:00 PM Sunday, Sept 14 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer UC Irvine 1:00 PM Women's Soccer George Washington 4:00 PM Field Hockey at Brown 12:00 PM Tuesday, Sept 16 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Volleyball at George Washington 7:00 PM Wednesday, Sept 17 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Princeton 7:00 PM Friday, Sept 19 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Volleyball vs UCLA 7:00 PM Saturday, Sept 20 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Football Brown 12:00 PM Women's Volleyball at Cal State Fullerton 3:30 PM Field Hockey Longwood 6:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs Yale 7:00 PM Sunday, Sept 21 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer William & Mary 4:00 PM Women's Soccer Duquesne 1:00 PM Field Hockey Lehigh 12:00 PM Tuesday, Sept 23 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Volleyball Creighton 7:00 PM Thursday, Sept 25 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at DePaul 3:00 PM Friday, Sept 26 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Field Hockey at Siena 2:00 PM Women's Volleyball Xavier 7:00 PM Saturday, Sept 27 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Football at Colgate 1:00 PM Men's Soccer at Butler 5:30 PM Sunday, Sept 28 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Women's Soccer at Xavier 1:00 PM Field Hockey at Columbia 1:00 PM Women's Volleyball Butler 2:00 PM Monday, Sept 29 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Golf at The Shoal Creek Invitational (UAB) All Day Tuesday, Sept 30 Sport Opponent Time Coverage Men's Soccer at Maryland 7:00 PM Men's Golf at The Shoal Creek Invitational (UAB) All Day
- Online Stores & Tickets