VISITING TEAM INFORMATION
The Georgetown University Sports Medicine would like to welcome you to Washington, D.C., during your season.
We hope the following information will help you prepare for your upcoming visit.
1. McDonough Gymnasium- The athletic training room is located on the first floor of the east wing. All modalities, ice, hydrocollator, e-stim, ultrasound, and microcurrent are at your disposal. We ask that you please use professional discretion when using our athletic training room facilities since space is limited. All women's basketball and volleyball games are scheduled in the arena.
2. Multi-Sport Complex- Plays host to football, men's and women's lacrosse. The complex is directly east of McDonough Arena.
3. North Kehoe Field- This holds all of men's and women's soccer contests and is located behind Kehoe Field.
4. Tennis Courts- These hold all of the men's and women's tennis competitions. The courts are located next to McDonough Gymnasium.
5. Swimming Pool- The pool hosts all the swimming & diving meets, the pool is located on campus in Yates Field House.
6. Shirley Povich Field- The baseball complex is located 14 miles from main campus. The complex has no satellite facility. Water, ice, cups and emergency equipment will be provided.
7. Guy Mason Field- The softball complex is located about a mile from the main campus. The complex has no satellite facility. Water, ice, cups and emergency equipment will be provided.
8. William I. Jacobs Recreational Complex at American University- This is the home of the field hockey team for practices and competitions. It is located approximately three miles from campus.
9. Verizon Center- This venue holds most Men's Basketball contests. It is located 3.5 miles off campus. Some amenities are available.
Georgetown University will provide a host certified athletic trainer for most contests. The team physician will be in attendance or on-call if his services are warranted. On-site EMS services are provided for select events.
Equipment and Supplies
Important Phone Numbers for Your Visit
Athletic Training Room: 202-687-6436
Again, welcome to Georgetown University. We look forward to hosting and wish you a healthy and successful season.