March 8, 2012
- Cincinnati advances to the semifinal round of the BIG EAST Championship, where it will face top-seeded Syracuse. Cincinnati lost 60-53 to Syracuse Jan. 23 in the teams' only meeting this season.
- Today's game was the second overtime game of this year's BIG EAST Championship. It is the second straight year in which the tournament had more than one game decided in overtime.
- Today's game was the first multiple-overtime game in the BIG EAST Championship since Syracuse beat Connecticut in six overtimes in the 2009 quarterfinals.
- The game was Cincinnati's first overtime game in BIG EAST Championship history.
- Cincinnati outscored Georgetown 13-4 in the last 6:02 of regulation.
- The game featured seven ties and 18 lead changes.
- Cincinnati was playing its first game as the No. 4 seed in the BIG EAST Championship. It is the Bearcats' highest seed in tournament history.
- Cincinnati's Yancy Gates has registered six straight games with double-figure scoring in the BIG EAST Championship.
- Georgetown's Henry Sims turned in his second double-double (22 points, 12 rebounds) in as many games in the BIG EAST Championship. Sims had one double-double during the regular season (12 points, 10 rebounds Jan. 21 vs. Rutgers).
- After leading Georgetown in scoring in just three games during the regular season, Henry Sims has been the Hoyas' top scorer in each of his first two games of the BIG EAST Championship.
Georgetown Falls to Creighton, 87-70 WASHINGTON – Georgetown put three players in double figures, but... Georgetown Travels to Play at Creighton on Sunday Afternoon After a week break in the schedule, the Georgetown University men’s... :L.J. Peak Selected to BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll Georgetown junior guard L.J. Peak (Gaffney, S.C./Gaffney) was selected to the... Govan Helps Lead Georgetown Past Marquette, 80-62 Georgetown sophomore center Jessie Govan (Queens Village, N.Y./Wings Academy)...