Georgetown Women's Golf Finishes Sixth at Xavier Invitational
Oct. 14, 2007
Wasington, D.C. -
Junior Chelsea Curtis (Mashpee, Mass./Cape Cod Academy) shot a six-over par 222 and tied for fourth place, leading the Georgetown women's golf team to a sixth place finish at the LPGA International-Xavier Invitational, held at the LPGA Champions Course in Daytona Beach, Florida on Sunday afternoon.
Florida Atlantic topped the 14-team field with a three round score of 42-over par 906, three strokes ahead of Coastal Carolina, second at 45-over par 909. Missouri State and Tennessee-Chattanooga tied for third place at 46-over par 910, followed by Lamar in fifth place (49-over par 913) and Georgetown (53-over par 917).
Curtis was one of three Hoya women's golfers to finish among the top-20 in the field of 79 golfers, joined by junior Carly Hunt (Easton, Pa./Conestoga) and senior Katie Dwyer (Allentown, Pa./Moravian Academy). Curtis posted rounds of two-over par 74, one-over par 73 and three-over par 75 to finish at six-over par 222, four strokes off the pace of medalist Ann Maness of Coastal Carolina.
Hunt shot a final round three-over par 75 and tied for 15th place at 12-over par 228. Dwyer, meanwhile, posted a two-over par 74 in the second round and a seven-over par 79 in the final round to finish at 14-over par 230 and in a tie for 19th place.
Fin. Team Scores
1. Florida Atlantic, 311-300-295=906 (+42)
2. Coastal Carolina, 298-296-315=909 (+45)
T3. Missouri State, 306-304-300=910 (+46)
T3. Tennessee-Chattanooga, 306-308-296=910 (+46)
5. Lamar, 305-301-307=913 (+49)
6. Georgetown, 306-306-305=917 (+53)
7. Western Carolina, 307-310-303=920 (+56)
8. Northern Iowa, 312-302-307=921 (+57)
9. Xavier, 313-321-301=935 (+71)
10. Western Michigan, 315-306-316=937 (+73)
11. Florida Gulf Coast University, 309-310-319=938 (+74)
12. Wichita State, 325-325-323=973 (+109)
13. Bowling Green State, 317-326-334=977 (+113)
14. Ohio University, 328-324-329=981 (+117)
Top Five Individuals