March 10, 2010
BOCA RATON, Fla. - The Georgetown University women's tennis team fell to the second ranked Division II Lynn University on Wednesday afternoon, 7-2, as Lauren Greco and Ally Landers were the lone GU players able to capture a set against the Fighting Knights.
The Hoyas lone two points came in the sixth singles spot and the third doubles spot, where Lynn did not enter a player.
In the second singles match Greco, took the second set 6-3 after dropping the first set 6-0. Magdalena Ekert, the 14 th ranked player in Division II came back to capture the third set 6-3 to clinch the match. Ally Landers also won her second set 6-3, after a 6-4 loss, but dropped a super tie breaker 10-3 in the third to fall to Christine Johnson. Greco and Elizabeth Sullivan played the Fighting Knights' top doubles pair close, falling 8-6.
Lynn was able to earn straight set victories against the Hoyas in the first, third and fourth singles matches, while cruising in the second doubles match.
The Hoyas open play at the McDonough Tennis Complex on March 13 when they face St. John's at 11 a.m.
#2 Lynn 7, Georgetown 2
1. #11 Katerina Jiskrova (LU) def. Victoria Sekely (GU) 6-3, 6-2
2. #14 Magdalena Ekert (LU) def. Lauren Greco (GU) 6-0, 3-6, 6-3
3. #37 Jessica Yanoff (LU) def. Samantha Martin (GU) 6-4, 6-3
4. #39 Tessie Salame (LU) def. Jacquie Harrison (GU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Christine Johnstone (LU) def. Ally Landers (GU) 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (10-3)
6. No player (GU) def. No player (LU), by forfeit
1. #10 Magdalena Ekert/Katerina Jiskrova (LU) def. Elizabeth Sullivan/Lauren Greco (GU) 8-6
2. Tessie Salame/Christine Johnstone (LU) def. Nora Montgomery/Michelle Pratt (GU) 8-1
3. No player/No player (GU) def. No player/No player (LU), by forfeit